Tianjin Rail Travel Guide
Here you will find useful information on Tianjin Rail travel, including Tianjin Railway Station Guide, Railway Station opening hours, tips and notices on Tianjin train ticket booking, Tianjin train schedules and etc.
Tianjin Railway Stations Guide
There are four passenger railway stations in the coastal city Tianjin, naming Tianjin (East) Railway Station, Tianjin South Railway Station, Tianjin West Railway Station and Tianjin North Railway Station respectively.
Tianjin (East) Railway Station is the city's major railway station with the largest passenger traffic volume.
Tianjin South Railway Station is one of the most important middle stops on Beijing-Shanghai (Jing-hu) High Speed Railway.
Tianjin West Railway Station is used by some high speed bullet D trains and G trains running from Tianjin to Hangzhou, Qingdao and Shanghai.
Tianjin North Railway Station is used as a middle-stop to trains running from/to surrounding cities of Tianjin including Dezhou, Tangshan, Qinhuangdao, Qinghe, Jixian and etc.
Passengers take bullet trains to Beijing should depart from Tianjin (East) Railway Station.
We suggest you to check the ticket carefully before the journey to make sure you will not mistake the departure station.
- Tianjin Railway Station: Haihe Dong Road, Hebei District, Tianjin 300010, China.
- Tianjin South Railway Station: Zhangjiawo Town, Xiqing District, Tianjin, China.
- Tianjin West Railway Station: Zhangjiawo Town, Xiqing District, Tianjin, China.
- Tianjin North Railway Station: Beiyingmen, Hongqiao District, Tianjin, China.
- Option 1. by Airport Express
Passengers can take airport bus (15-30 minutes per) from Tianjin Airport to Tianjin Railway Station directly. Operation time is from 6:00 until the airport's closing hour. Ticket price is Renminbi 15 Yuan.
- Option 2. by Taxi
Minimum riding distance between Tianjin Binhai Airport and Tianjin Railway Station is 18km. Riding time is 30 minutes and cost is Renminbi 40 Yuan.
Tianjin Airport to Tianjin North Railway Station
There is no direct bus running between Tianjin Airport and Tianjin North Railway Station. We suggest you take a taxi coz it's more convenient and faster. Distance between the two places are 18 kilometers and taxi fare is about Renminbi 40 Yuan(for reference only!)
Tianjin Airport to Tianjin West Railway Station by Taxi
Minimum riding distance between the two places is 22km. Riding time is 40 minutes and taxi fare is Renminbi 55 Yuan.
Tianjin Airport to Tianjin South Railway Station by Taxi
No direct bus is availiable. Riding distance between Tianjin Airport and Tianjin South Railway Station is 50km. Riding time is 1 hour and taxi fare is aboout Renminbi 120 Yuan (for reference only).
Tianjin Binhai International Airport to Beijing Transportation :
There are airport shuttle buses that can take you from Tianjin Airport to Beijing Bawangfen Long Distance Bus Station directly. Its Operating hour is from 9am to 7 pm. Journey time is 2 hours and ticket fare is Renminbi 35 Yuan. Bawangfen is connected to Beijing downtown by the subway.
Tianjin Port to Tianjin Railway Station:
Want to leave from Tianjin International Cruise Terminal for Beijing city? You can go to the closest Tanggu Railway Station to take bullet trains.
Get to Tianjin North Railway Station from Tianjin Railway Station:
- Distance between Tianjin North Railway Station and Tianjin Railway Station is 6 kilometers. Passengers can take a cab to get there. Ticket fare is about Renminbi 15 Yuan.
Tianjin Train Ticket Booking Guide
Passengers can purchase ticket from Tianjin Railway Stations anytime. Some ticket windows at the ticket hall open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
There are about 100 train ticket agencies in Tianjin too. Most of these ticket agencies open at 9:00am and close at 5:00pm. To book tickets from these agenices, you are required to pay addtional Renminbi 5 Yuan each ticket as booking fee.
Large postal offices in Tianjin also provide train ticket booking service through their bussiness window with same booking fee with train ticket agencies.
Ticket Reservation Period in Tianjin.
According to the latest official press release, passengers can reserve tickets for 20 days (including the journey date) in advance in Tianjin. That means, if you want to leave Tianjin on June 25th, you can reserve the ticket on June 6th.
New Round of ticket issuing starts at 9:00am every day.
China has world's busiest railway network. If you buy the ticket on the date of journey, you may get disappointed as tickets might have been sold out already. We recommend you book your ticket in advance to make sure your journey will not be delayed.
Railway Rules and Regulations You Should Know
the Chinese rail industry has its own characters and railway rules and regulations are different with any other country in the world. Getting familiar with these rules will make your rail travel in China more successful and happy!
Booking Ticket Online
Chinese website 12306.cn provides online train ticket booking services. The website accepts booking enquires from 7am to 11pm Monday to Sunday and passenger can reserve ticket through this website maximum 20 days in advance. Please note, the website doesn't accept payment by credit card from abroad.
- Inflammable and explosive dangerous goods, animal and pet are not allowed to take on the train
- Carry-on luggage weight requirment: luggage weight should be under 10kg for of child passenger, luggage weight should be under 30kg for diplomatic personnel and luggage weight should be under 20kg for other adult passenger.
- Carry-on Luggage size requirment: Total length of the luggage ( length+width+height) should be under 200cm to travel on the normal speed train and total length of luggage should be under 160cm to trvel on the high speed bullet train.
Requirements for Child Tickets
Instead of age, China railway has special requirments on height to buy child ticket. Requirments on child ticket can be summarized as the follows:
- Children with the height under 120cm can enjoy free rail travel and don't need to pay. No seat is assigned to child who doesn't pay for train travel.
- Children with the height between 120cm and 150cm have privileges to buy half-priced train tickets.
- Children with the height above 150cm should buy fully-priced train tickets no mater how old they are.
Tips and Notices to Buy Train Tickets in Tianjin for Foreigners
- Tianjin Railway Station has two ticket offices, passengers can purchase tickets either from ticket office close to the south square, or the one close to the north square.
- Passengers can also purchase train ticket at the arrival hall of Tianjin Binhai International Airport.
- Passport, visa or other certificate that can prove your identity is required to purchase or book train ticket in China.
- Only Renminbi cash is accepted at the ticket window. Please don't try to pay by credit card and foreign currency when you are trying to purchase train ticket from train station or ticket agency in China.