Nanjing Rail Travel Guide
Here you can find useful information on Nanjing Train travel, including Nanjing Railway Stations Guide, Railway Station's opening hours, ticket booking notes, Nanjing train schedules, luggage rules on China train, requirements on child tickets and etc.
Nanjing Railway Stations Guide
There are three passenger railway stations in Nanjing, naming Nanjing Railway Station, Nanjing South Railway Station and Nanjing Zhonghuamen Railway Station respectively.
Nanjing Railway Station used to be the city's main station until the opening of Nanjing South Railway Station.
Nanjing South Railway Station mainly serves high speed bullet D trains and G trains. As the crossing point of Jinghu (Beijing-Shanghai) High-Speed Railway, Huhanrong (Shanghai-Nanjing-Hefei-Wuhan-Chongqing-Chengdu) high speed railway, Nanjing-Anqing Intercity Railway, Nanjing-Hangzhou Intercity Railway and Huning (Shanghai-Nanjing) Intercity Railway, the South Railway Station is overtaking Nanjing Railway Station as the city's largest railway station.
Zhonghuamen Railway Station, the former Nanjing South Station, is more of a historic site than a transport hub.
We suggest you check your ticket carefully before the journey to make sure you will not mistake the departure station.
- Nanjing Railway Station: No. 264, Longpan Road, Xuanwu District, Nanjing 210031, China.
- Zhonghuamen Railway Station: Jihecun Road, Yuhuatai District, Nanjing 210012, China.
- Nanjing South Railway Station: Shanjialou, Yuhuatai District, Nanjing China
How to Get to Nanjing Railway Station from Nanjing Lukou Airport
- Option 1. by Airport Express
Passengers can take airport express No. 1 line from Nanjing Airport to Nanjingjing Railway Station directly. Operating hours of Airport Express No. 1 line is same with that of Nanjing Airport. Journey time is about 60 minutes and ticket fare is CNY 20 Yuan.
- Option 2. by Taxi
Minimum riding distance from Nanjing Lukou Airport to Nanjing Railway Station is 46km. It takes around 1 hour by taxi if the traffic is good. Taxi fare is about CNY 160 Yuan. (for reference only!).
Nanjing Airport to Nanjing South Railway Station
- Option 1. by Airport Express
Passengers can take airport express line 2 to travel from Nanjing Airport to Nanjing South Railway Station. Operation hour is from 9:30am to 10:30pm. Ticket fare is CNY 20 Yuan.
- Option 2. by Taxi
Passenger can also take taxi from Nanjing Airport to Nanjing South Railway Station. The shortest riding distance between the two places is 35km. Riding time is about 30 minutes and taxi fare is about CNY 120 Yuan.
Nanjing Train Ticket Booking Guide
Passengers can purchase ticket from any of the railway stations in Nanjing at anytime. Some ticket windows at the ticket hall open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
There are about 80 train ticket agencies in Nanjing. Most of these ticket agencies open at 8:00am and close at 5:30pm. To book tickets from ticket agency, you are required to pay addtional CNY 5 Yuan each ticket as booking fee. Train ticket booking agencies in Nanjing open 7 days a week.
Ticket Reservation Period in Nanjing.
According to the official press release, passengers can reserve tickets maximum 20 days in advance.
New Round of ticket issuing in Nanjing starts at 3:00pm every day.
China has world's busiest railway network. As tickets for some itineraries are very hot, iff you buy train ticket on the date of journey, you may get disappointed as tickets might have been sold out already. We recommend you book your ticket in advance to make sure your journey will not be delayed.
Telephone Bookings & Online Booking
Passengers can call number wizard 95105105 to book train tickets in Nanjing. Chinese Citizen ID is required to successfully book tickets from them.
www.12306.cn, the official website of Customer Service Center of Ministry of Railway of China, provides online train ticket service from 7:00am to 11:00pm, 7 days a week.
Railway Rules and Regulations You Should Know
Chinese rail industry has its own characters. Railway rules and regulations are different with any other country in the world. Getting familiar with these rules will make your rail travel in China more successful and happy!
Carry-on Luggage Rules:
- Inflammable and explosive dangerous goods, animal and pet are not allowed to take on board of the train.
- Luggage weight requirment:adult passenger can take maximum 20kg baggage and child passenger can take maximum 10kg baggage free of charge.
- Luggage size requirment: total length of the carry-on luggage ( length+width+height) should be under 200cm.
Requirements for Child Tickets
Instead of age, China has special limit on passenger's height to be qualified for purchasing child ticket. Requirments on child ticket can be summarized as the followings:
- Children with the height under 120cm can enjoy free rail travel and don't need to pay.
- Children with the height between 120cm and 150cm have privileges to buy discounted train tickets. Price for seat ticket for child is about a half of that adult ticket and price for sleeper ticket is about 70% of that of adult ticket
- Children with the height above 150cm should buy fully-priced train tickets, no matter of age.